One project grade 3 has been working on particularly hard is our Columbus skit. In collaboration with Señora Gomez, students have been practicing Spanish dialogue, all while learning about Columbus' journey as he explored the seas looking for a different route to the Indies. As you should have seen the invitation in your student's folder, parents and grandparents are invited to enjoy our skit on Tuesday, October 11th, at either 8:30am or 1:15pm. If you think you are able to join, please RSVP to email@example.com so I will have an estimated headcount.
Students are really excited for these performances!! Students are permitted to bring a white (or neutral colored) t-shirt to school for the day of the show (can be worn under school shirt in the morning). Boys are fine to wear either formal uniform pants or the warm weather shorts. Girls can wear black leggings or warm weather skort.
The list below is a combination of some topics I discussed at Open House and other pertinent information about upcoming events/goings-on in Grade 3
- I have been lenient with students as far as writing in cursive for this past month, but we need to start making a transition to full-time cursive. Each student has a practice/review packet in their desk, and I will be sending home additional practice packets for those who appear to need additional review.
- Please make sure to check folders regularly. I may not send home corrected papers nightly, but there are often important papers to look over. Student's homework should be in folders, which are then returned to school daily. This has already be a problem on occasion for some students--not a good habit to form this early in the year! I ask that you help encourage your child to be a responsible student who is prepared for class with their folder and therefore work be tuned in everyday.
- Students forgetting homework will result in Homework Notices that will need to be signed and returned with the missing homework completed. Failure to modify work ethic may result in further consequences, such as detention.
- Students all have a Spelling City account. There was a small glitch to the system, but everything has been straightened out and students are able to access their accounts for games!!
- At the time of Open House there were 3 different papers that needed to be filled out and returned. I sent home the papers to individuals who were still missing forms because they were not at Open House. Most papers have been returned, a few are still missing. I will send home another copy of the missing papers. Please check folders and return completed papers ASAP!!
*Meadow Farms Fundraiser--a great way to help raise money for the school while earning some cool prizes (and getting a jump start on Christmas shopping)! Orders due back to school on October 17th.
*Join us on November 4th, at Warwick Country Club for the school auction. Tickets are $50 per person. If you, or someone you know, would be willing to donate an item or act as a sponsor, please see your Weekly Parent Email from Mrs. Izzi for the sponsor sheet.
*Grade 3 will be collecting items for a "Tailgating" theme basket for the auction. A list of suggested items went home last week. Please send in items ASAP!!
*BOX TOPS!!!! We need Box Tops! There is a school-wide competition starting now and running until Halloween for the top 2 classes to collect the most Box Tops per student. We can do this!!
*Paul Effman music lessons began on October 4th. It's not too late to sign up if you have a student hoping to learn an instrument--lessons for beginners are from 2:15-2:45. Students can be picked up from the front of the building, others will be sent to Kids Haven.